Back to the bar and the tempting glances from far and across the darkened room
Back to the last night stamped hands and repeating moments from a dream I had
Three nights ago.
He is in the north of the city
And you are in the east
And at the very least you'll venture
With a sigh
To find the very likes of another
At the very lest
The right t-shirt and a look in his eye
And another slip-slide across the room to the bar
And the stage
And the room with the writing all over the walls
Why is it that these rooms always have writing on their walls
(glances cast for bands first and last)
On Saturday I will take a trip for you
And on the highest hill I'll stand.
On Sunday I'll walk down the street and into the city.

No comments:
Post a Comment