Tuesday, 22 July 2008

January 2005 Re-Visited

Stop
Nothing makes one so vain as being told one is a sinner.
But dont be a sinner when you can be a winner!
Said the man shouting on Oxford Circus.
Bottle tops and bottled secrets.
Wallpaper peeling and curtsies to the ceiling as the dealers
Keep on dealing and the boys in bands keep feeling
For the lyrics in their songs and the skin of young girls legs
Pressed against dark walls and toilet doors.
This is for the poor? Is it? Is it really?
He gave us a break [a break from the boredom]
Yes he did.
I though I'd tell him that.
But haven't seen him sinse the thought was had.
But needless to say its true.
Everyword of it.
But if she said it. I shan't believe a word of it.
Regency Mansion then anyone?
Yes I'd like to think so
And then I'll learn from you.

No comments: