Sunday, 4 May 2008

6th August 2007 Revisited

I wonder
I wonder
(And often blunder at my wonder)
If my calling is wrong
If my bawling will be heard
Or my laughter muffled out
By thick coffee walls
I want to smoke
And smoke well
and be able to laugh at myself and you when we can't find the answers that stare at us from the page
I want to drink
There is no such thing as loving someone slightly
A love for someone lightly
If only he
Chitter chatter and he glances back at her
I am from London
My accent is from there too
I wish to smoke a cigarette
A cigarette for you baby
To mark this most dull occasion
This occasion of when
I think of you and feel my body crumble under the thought of you.
If I looked twice again
I'd see you
Maybe I would or wouldn't
The dim light lends itself nicely to this
To this and to us.
To us.
I'll watch the film.

No comments: